All the pros have blogs, ergo....

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just Another Day In Paradise

I was recently bummed to realize that last week was the official end of my cyclocross "season", but relieved to realize that my next 'cross race will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada (possible local throwdown next weekend)!

Next up on the radar screen is the Dirty Dozen 12-hour race on February 5. Team Hills Sport Shop/Mountain Khakis/Aggieland Cycling consists of Peter Hartwig, Benjamin Silva, Shawn Small, and Yours Truly. I have some planning left to do and some goals left to set in terms of lap times and lap count, but I'm pleased with the apparent strength of the team.

I've already added another race to the schedule for 2011, in the form of an off-road duathlon. I played with the idea of doing this race on my own, but I've become quite competitive and I don't believe my run is strong enough to be a podium contender. After throwing the idea around a bit, Beth has agreed to do the run portions and I'll cover the ride. I'm excited to participate in an event that I'm unfamiliar with.

Musical Sidebar:
I'm currently listening to Minus the Bear and The National. Though they sound nothing alike, I'm mesmerized by the emotion they convey. In each there is a sadness, both lyrically and musically, though most of their songs remain upbeat. This juxtaposition leaves me emotionally baffled but strangely sated. Listen to Slow Show and Mistaken for Strangers by The National and Fine + 2 Pts and Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!! by Minus the Bear.

Back to bikes; in February I will fly to Morgan Hill, California for Specialized's BG Fit class. Three days in California, talking bikes all day, 2-3 road rides, and adding a skill to my list o' skills. I'll take it!

Life could be better... I just don't know how.

-Ian


No comments:

Post a Comment